I thought I'd write a post about the best 5 books I read last year. They weren't necessarily written or released in 2010, that's just when I read them.
Would love to hear what others thought of these books! Also, if anyone out in blogland is reading, post your top 5 and then post the link to your blog in the comments so that I can read your favourite 5 :)
In no particular order:
1. This Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Nifenegger - the follow up novel by the author of the Time Traveller's wife. I loved this book, it was eerie and kept me guessing all the way through
2. Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke - a tale of the last magicians in England. This is a gripping book - it's long, but I didn't get bored for a second.
3. Major Pettigrew's last stand - whimsical and delightful
4. The Book Thief by Markus Zsuzak - a very poignant story about a girl in Nazi Germany.
5. What is the what by Dave Eggars - this book should be compulsory reading for everyone! It is about one of the Lost Boys of Sudan. It is amazing what some people have to endure just to live.