Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sewing machine woes

I have an old sewing machine my mum gave me. I haven't sewed properly for years, but I know how to *theoretically*.

Anyway, today I decided to make a superhero cape for a 3rd birthday I went to this morning. I'd cut the cape out and I figured it would only take about an hour to sew it. So I wandered down to my sewing table. My mother-in-law recently gave it to me. It's kind of exciting - the sewing machine lives in the middle of the table and there is a pneumatic lift that pushes it up to the top when you want to sew, then back down for storage.

My son Mr McGillicuddy was asleep, so I was in a bit of a hurry to finish before he woke up. I worked out how to use the pneumatic lift and started to thread the sewing machine. The needle went and snapped on me!!! Not good. I don't seem to have a spare needle either, or if I do I can't remember where I put it.

So I had to resort to one of my back up presents, a view finder. Oh well, the capes will have to wait for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment